Layton High School Lancer of the Month
Layton High School Lancer of the Month nominations are based on the 5 principles listed below. These students demonstrate exemplary citizenship skills including including responsible decision making, self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship skills. These five skills help to create excellent citizens as students move into post-secondary education and career opportunities.
- Responsible Decision Making: Identifying Problems, Solving Problems, Ethical Responsibility, utilizes opportunities to show improved learning.
- Self-Awareness: Work completed on time with maximum effort, self-efficacy, growth mindset, and increased GPA.
- Self-Management: Impulse control, stress management, self-discipline, goal setting, organization skills, uses class time wisely.
- Social Awareness: Empathizes with others including those from diverse. backgrounds and cultures, respect for others, does not distract other students
- Relationship Skills: Teamwork, social engagement, relationship building, listening well, cooperating with others, coming prepared and positively participating in discussions and activities.
Winners will be announced on the last Friday of each month.
We would also like to thank our doners for their contributions in celebrating our students:
- Culver's Restaurant
- HuHot Mongolian Grill
- Handel's Homemade Ice Cream
- Jersey Mikes
- Crumbl Cookies
- Twisted Sugar