Utah College Application Week
Welcome to Layton High's
Virtual College Application Week!
Please complete the tasks below to participate.
Task 1: Apply to Colleges
Click on the links below to apply to Utah colleges, or search the web for the application for out of state colleges. Use the fee waiver codes, if applicable. Remember to choose the UNDERGRADUATE application. If a fee waiver code is available, it is listed next to the link. Codes are only good through the month of October.
Dixie State University CODE: UCAW2021
Snow College CODE: UCAW_2021
Southern Utah University FREE APPS DURING UCAW - NO CODE NEEDED
Utah Valley University (if you are enrolled as a UVU CE student, you will AUTOMATICALL be transitioned to a full time student. No action is necessary to apply for next fall.
- PARTIAL FEE WAIVER IF YOU ATTEND THEIR VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE
- UVU Information Sheet
- Virtual Open House Registration
University of Utah FREE APPS DURING UCAW IF USING THE COMMON APP
Weber State University (use this link ONLY if you are NOT a CE student)
Westminster APP IS FREE
Task 2: CE Status Switch (for Weber State concurrent enrollment students)
If you think there is ANY chance you will attend Weber State, please complete the status switch. This is all you need to to do apply.
2. Click on the "Admissions" tab on the left sidebar
3. Click on the Status Switch icon and complete the form
4. Select YES, you will be attending WSU for the upcoming fall, even if you're not sure. You can defer scholarships after you receive them.
Task 3: Order Your Transcripts in PARCHMENT
- Locate the email you received from Parchment.com
- Click on the green box in the email that says, "Finish setting up your Parchment Account"
- IMPORTANT! Replace the email address with your personal email address because your dsd email has been used to create this account, and it is not a permanent email address. After graduation, you will no longer have access to your dsd email.
- Create a password
- Complete the account information
- Follow directions to order a transcript, the transcript will be sent electronically to the destination of your choice. You will use this option for most schools.
- If you need a transcript printed out for scholarships or other purposes (only if an electronic transcript is not accepted), please have one sent to the counseling office for you to pick up by doing the following:
- Under "select a destination" click on "yourself or another individual"
- Under "delivery method" click on "electronic delivery (email)"
- Unclick the box next to "I am sending this order to myself"
- Fill out the rest as follows:
- Destination Name: LHS
- Attention Name: Mrs. Wall
- Recipient email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Retype email: email@example.com
- Follow directions to complete your order
- Come to the counselors office to pick up printed transcript
Task 4: Take the Student Survey
Complete the UCAW survey by clicking here
Task 5: Explore Scholarships and Financial Aid
Task 6: Create a FSA ID (for the FAFSA)
LHS counselors recommend that EVERY student apply for the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), even if you think you won't qualify. There are many other ways to receive money that require a FAFSA application, such as various private and institutional scholarships. Follow these instructions to complete the FIRST step to completing the FAFSA: creating an FSA ID:
- Go to https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
- Create a SIMPLE safe key (examples: 1111, 1234, etc) to save progress and login on multiple computers
- Use a PERMANENT email address (NOT your dsd email). Do NOT use a parent's email, or anyone else's. It must be yours.
- Register your mobile phone for password recovery.
Task 7: Update your 4-year plan on mydsd
Follow the link to update your information about colleges you applied to, college majors, and career goals. This will help your counselor get you information about scholarships, camps, and programs that would be of interest to you. https://mydsd.davis.k12.ut.us/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2f
If you are not interested in working on applications,
you can choose from the activities below
Activity 1: Practice filling out a job application
Activity 2: Build a resume
Activity 3: Interest Assessment
Activity 4: Narrow down career choices
Other Helpful Resources
NCAA Registration and Requirements:
Start Filling our the FAFSA (application for federal aid)