Utah College Application Week
October 6-7, 2022
Please complete the tasks below to participate
STEP 1: CREATE A KEYS TO SUCCESS ACCOUNT
- Use the Keys to Success app or website to create an account. You will use this account to submit college applications.
- Write down your login information so you don't forget it.
- Explore the app/website and learn what features are available
STEP 2: SET UP YOUR PARCHMENT ACCOUNT (to send transcripts)
- Check your dsd email account for an email from parchment.com. You should have received the email on Thursday, September 29th. Follow the instructions in the email to setup the account.
- You will use Parchment to send your high school transcript to all of the colleges you apply to.
- Important notes:
- When you login to parchment, replace your student email address (dsd) with a personal email address. Your dsd email address will be disabled after you graduate.
- Have your transcripts sent directly to the colleges you applied to. Some colleges have more than one campus. Make sure you check the address and send it to the campus you are applying to.
STEP 3: STATUS SWITCH (for Weber State CE Students)
If you have taken any CE classes for college credit, please complete the status switch. This is all you need to do to apply to be a full time student next fall. Please complete this action, even if you are not planning to attend Weber State. Please complete this action now, even if you are taking CE courses next semester.
1. Login to your Weber State portal at https://weber.edu/
2. Click on the "Admissions" tab on the left sidebar
3. Click on the Status Switch icon (or search for "status switch" and complete the form)
4. Select YES, you will be attending WSU for the upcoming fall, even if you're not sure. You can defer scholarships after you receive them.
STEP 3: APPLY TO COLLEGES
- Login to the Keys to Success app or website and use the links provided to apply to the colleges you are interested in. If you have not created an account yet, you will need to do that first.
- Website link: https://www.ktsutah.org/
STEP 4: SEND TRANSCRIPTS
- Login to your Parchment account and follow the steps to send transcripts to the schools you have applied to. If you have not yet set up your Parchment account, you will need to do that first. Use the link in your email to setup the account if you haven't already done so.
- Website link for returning users: https://www.parchment.com/u/registration/24345/account
STEP 4: SET UP FAFSA ACCOUNT (first step to the federal financial aid application
- Create a FSA ID here: https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/launch
- Write down your login information, you will need it
- Plan to attend our FAFSA night, next Monday October 10th at 5:30 pm to get help submitting the FAFSA application. Put it on your calendar! Set a reminder! Text a parent and let them know!
STEP 5: EXPLORE SCHOLARSHIPS
- There's not a right or wrong way to do this. You can explore scholarships at the colleges you are applying to, or you can explore private scholarships.
- Check out Mrs. McMillan's Scholarships Page on the LHS website by clicking here
- Check out our district scholarship database, filled with awards students in our district receive each year. Click here.
STEP 6: COMPLETE THIS SHORT SURVEY
If you are not interested in working on applications, you can choose from the activities listed below
Activity 1: Use Keys to Success to explore college and career options
Click here to create a Keys to Success account and begin exploring!
Activity 2: Take a Career Assessment - "Reality Check"
Explore Careers that fit with your desired lifestyle - click here
Activity 2: Practice filling out a job application
Activity 3: Build a resume
Use this online tool to create a resume for your job applications. Click here
Activity 4: Explore Career Options
Use the "Launch my Career" tool to learn everything you need to know about how to have your desired career.
Use the "My Next Move" tool to help you narrow down your career choice.
Activity 5: Look at Jobs that are Currently Available in Utah
Click Here to access the Utah Department of Workforce Services website
Other Helpful Resources
Upcoming College Open House Events: click here
NCAA Registration and Requirements: click here
Start Filling our the FAFSA (application for federal aid): click here
Application Deadlines and Scholarship Indexes for Utah Colleges: click here
College Application Worksheets: click here
"What's Next" Information Sheet: click here
Air Force information and Application: click here
Air Force LEAD application (for students already enrolled in the Air Force): click here