Junior High

High School


Scholarship & Financial Aid Information

Scholarship Coordinator: Jenni McMillan

Available in the Counseling Center 
- Tuesday from 7:30 - 2:30am
- Wednesday from 7:30 - 12:00

Two ways to make an appointment:
1- On myDSD appointment scheduler
2- Call Mrs. McMillan (801) 402-4808
3 - Email Mrs. McMillian at jemcmillan@dsdmail.net

Look for community service opportunities
Study for/take/re-take the ACT test
Prepare your scholarship resume (Sample in Counseling Center)
Visit College Campuses
Work to save money for college
Keep your grades up!


Scholarships may be searched by pressing CTRL + F (Windows) or Command + F. 
Then type in the desired search word(s).


Featured Scholarships

Monthly Scholarship packets are listed by their DEADLINE date.
Most scholarships are open weeks/months before that date, so don't wait to apply!

(You can also pick up a paper copy of these "Monthly Deadline" scholarships
in the basket on the Scholarships cabinet in the Counseling Center.)

Where to Find Scholarships

Another great resource about Paying for College can be found here.

College & University Scholarship Websites


FAFSA: Free Application For Federal Student Aid

FAFSA Website

Create a Federal Student Aid ID

There are three types of federal student aid:

  • Grants—financial aid that doesn't have to be repaid (unless, for example, you withdraw from school and owe a refund)
  • Work-study—a work program through which you earn money to help you pay for school
  • Loans—borrowed money for college or career school; you must repay your loans, with interest

What do I need to file my FAFSA?

  • Student's Social Security Number
  • Student's W2 Form
  • Student's 2018 Federal Tax Return (if applicable)
  • Parents' Social Security Numbers
  • Parents' Date of Marriage, Separation, or Divorce (if applicable)
  • Parents' W2 Forms
  • Parents' 2018 Federal Tax Returns

Which Parental Information Should I Use?

  • Are you living with both parents? You will need both parent's information.
  • Are you living with one parent, or split your time between two parents? You should use the parent's information with whom you live most of the time.
  • Do you live without your parents or have other circumstances? Make sure you have any documentation.

To Create a FSA ID:

Both you and a parent need to create a Federal Student Aid ID and a password to sign into FAFSA electronically.  YOU AND YOUR PARENT WILL BE USING THIS USERNAME AND PASSWORD TO LOG INTO AND SIGN YOUR FAFSA EVERY YEAR THROUGH COLLEGE.

  • Go to FSA ID
  • Create a username and password and enter your email address (do NOT use your school email account because you will lose access to it after graduation!). Write down your username and password and keep it where you will be able to find it.
  • Enter your name, date of birth, social security number, contact information, and challenge question and answers.
  • Review your information.
  • Read and accept the terms and conditions.
  • Confirm your email address using a secure code, which will be sent to the email address you used. Once you verify your email address, you can use it instead of your username to log into your FAFSA.

All of this information is also on a reference sheet in the stand by the Scholarship Desk in the Counseling Center.

Regents' Scholarship

Regents' Scholarship Information

PRIORITY DEADLINE- December 6, 2019

FINAL DEADLINE- February 3, 2020

Don't forget to request your transcripts to be sent online or from the Main Office.

For more information concerning the Regents' Scholarship please see their website.  Also, Regents' representatives can be reached by email and phone for more questions. regentsscholarship@ushe.edu (801-321-7159)

Please note:  Regents' applicants are required to complete the FAFSA.  However, a student does not have to qualify for federal financial aid to receive the scholarship. Regents may only be used to cover tuition and fees.

***Key changes to this program for the Class of 2020 are:
The Regents’ Scholarship can now be used at institutions in the Utah System of Technical Colleges, but not at private institutions (Brigham Young University, LDS Business College, and Westminster College).

Bridge Scholarship - Davis Tech

High School Summer Bridge Scholarship

Scholarship for graduating high school seniors currently attending Davis Technical College. 

"The Bridge Scholarship program provides scholarship funding to High School Senior’s for the summer after High School graduation. The program is primarily intended to allow students attending while in High School an opportunity to finish their program during the summer. Funding is only available from June to August. Students must specify their intended schedule at the time of application and are only funded up to that level. Priority is given to High School students who attend the College while in High School and those who can complete their program during the summer. Students need to be making satisfactory progress and attending adequately to qualify for these funds."

Bridge Scholarship applications are available after the High School Senior Scholarship. Deadline (March 10)

Centennial Scholarship (Early Graduation)

The Centennial Scholarship for Early Graduation program is a partial tuition program which allows for high school graduation to be flexible and appropriate to meet the individual students' needs.


Any public school student is eligible who has:

  • A Student Education Occupation Plan (SEOP) on file
  • Has indicated to the secondary school principal the intent to complete early graduation
  • Has completed all required courses or demonstrated mastery of required skills and competencies
  • Has graduated from a Utah public high school is eligible.


To receive scholarship funds, a student must: graduate early from a Utah secondary institution, enroll within one calendar year in an eligible Utah post-secondary institutions.

Post-secondary institutions accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges are eligible. A student must begin using funds as a full-time student and for tuition only within a calendar year of high school graduation.

Scholarship Funds

  • Junior Year: $1,000
  • First Quarter of the Senior Year: $750
  • Second Quarter of the Senior Year: $500
  • Third Quarter of the Senior Year: $250


  1. In consultation with the student's parent or guardian and school advisor, student develops a SEOP and indicates to the secondary principal the intent to complete early graduation at the beginning of the ninth grade year or as soon thereafter as the intent is known.
  2. Upon graduation, student obtains Centennial Scholarship for Early Graduation certificate from high school counselor.
  3. High School Principal verifies that student's early graduation and signs certificate. Original certificate kept by students. Additional copies made for school and district records.
  4. Student enrolls full time in eligible post-secondary institution and presents certificate to registrar.
  5. Registrar verifies student enrollment, completes, signs, and seals certificate. Original copy is sent to Utah State Board of Education (USBE).
  6. USBE verifies information, approves funding, and issues funds. Funds are sent directly to the post-secondary institution in the student's name within 4-6 weeks.
  7. Any funds remaining unused when student leaves the post-secondary institution are returned to USBE.

EDGE Scholarship - WSU

Concurrent Enrollment EDGE SCHOLARSHIP 

Make your "Status Switch" from CE to WSU student by DECEMBER 1!

  • Complete 12 or more credit hours of CE courses in high school
  • Earn a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on all CE course work
  • Must enroll at Weber State University after high school
  • See above link for more information

New Century Scholarship (Graduate HS with Associate Degree)

New Century Scholarship

Graduate from high school with a minimum GPA of 3.5 AND complete an associate degree earning a 3.0 GPA from an eligible Utah Higher Education institution by the date you graduate from a Utah high school.

Deadline to Apply is February 1, 2019

***Changes to this program for the class of 2020:
The New Century Scholarship can now only be used at Utah’s public colleges and universities that grant bachelor's degrees, not at private institutions (Brigham Young University and Westminster College.) This scholarship may only be used to cover tuition and fees.

Questions? 801.321.7221 • newcenturyscholarship.org • newcentury@ushe.edu

T.H. Bell Teaching Incentive Loan

T.H. Bell Teaching Loan Incentive ProgramDue February 22, 2019 (Funding limited, Don't Wait!)

Terrel H. Bell Teaching Incentive Loans pay up to full tuition and general fees, and may be received for up to four years of full-time enrollment or until licensing requirements have been met, whichever is less. Teaching incentive loan recipients are expected to repay the loan through an equal length of work (i.e., one year of loan support requires one year of work) in which the recipient uses their program-supported education to benefit students in Utah’s K-12 schools. Recipients who do not meet this obligation are required to make monetary repayment of the loan.

Other Opportunities

Considering MIT and want more information?
There will be an information session in Salt lake City:
Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 1:00pm
West High School (241 N 300 W, SLC)

Weber State University Purple Carpet Events
For Concurrent Enrollment Students Thursday, October 3, 6:00pm-9:00pm
For prospective Students Thursday, October 10, 9:00am-12:00pm
                                            Wednesday, November 20, 9:00am-12:00pm

University of Utah beyond a campus tour
Friday, September 20, 1:00pm-6:00pm
Saturday, October 12, 9:00am-2:00pm