At Layton High, we welcome military families to Utah and look forward to helping them transition into our community. Our goal is to help military-connected students overcome the challenges of adjusting to different cultures, course offerings, schedules, and graduation requirements as they relocate to a new community. If you are a military family member and have questions about schooling options or need help with your transitions please feel free to use the points of contact listed below.
Points of Contact:
The Davis School District has partnered with the Utah Department of Veterans and Military Affairs to provide much needed supports to all military connected students in the district through Military Educational Therapists and Military Family Advocates. Members of the team have received training to support military children and families including the Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission.
Month of the Military Child
Each year schools join in solidarity to support military-connected students. During the month of April, Layton High will launch a social media campaign to celebrate the Month of the Military Child. There will be a week devoted to activities to promote recognition and support of our military connected families.
- Resources for Military Families
- Blue Star Families - Utah Chapter
- Blue Star Families
- Hill Air Force Base
- Military Kids Connect – This site provides resources for military-connected students to help build resilience and find friends.
- Military Interstate Children's Compact Commission
- U.S. Dept. of Education for Military Families & Vets
- Military Family Life Counselors - MFLCs
- Tutor.com (Free Tutoring Academic Support)
- STOMP – Specialized Training of Military Parents
- Tips for Military Families: Helping Your Children Adjust to a Parent with Combat-related Trauma