- Study Abroad
- Business/ Entrepreneurship
- History and Government
- Career and Technical
- College Tours & Visits
WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP PROJECT:
- Click here for a collection of leadership opportunities for female students all over the state of Utah.
GOVERNOR'S HONORS ACADEMY (WEEK LONG SUMMER PROGRAM AT SUU)
The Governor's Honors Academy is organized to provide Utah high school students with an opportunity to learn, lead and interact with some of the foremost leaders in business, technology, humanities, science, education, communication and social science. Through interaction with leaders and mentors, students enhance their desire to learn and strive for excellence.
The Academy incorporates an intense learning experience that takes place in the classroom and in Southern Utah's beautiful landscapes. These learning experiences work hand-in-hand with exciting activities that help participants create lasting friendships and a love of learning. Students are given leadership and teamwork opportunities during the Academy, preparing them to provide leadership in their schools and communities.
- Youthlinc invests in the service ethic of youth in order to foster individuals in our society who understand local and global needs, and who are deeply committed to work to relieve those needs through personal service, partnership, and good will.
- For service opportunities, click here
UTAH DIVISON OF MULTICULTURAL AFFAIRS:
AFRICAN AMERICAN - EXPECT THE GREAT:
- Free college and career awareness and readiness event for African, African-American, and Black students and communities in Utah.
- Click here for more information and registration
NAVAJO - NATIVE SYMPOSIUM AT WEBER STATE:
- click here for more information
GHANA/ PARIS EXPERIENCE:
- Ensign Global Leaders High School Program offers high school freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors the opportunity for a three week research abroad trip in Ghana with a stop in Paris at the end of the trip. This program is a unique academic opportunity full of fun, exploration, and learning for students with the option of earning three college credits. Students will be immersed in a unique culture and new challenges that allow for growth and leadership development. The program provides the opportunity to engage with local communities, work closely with Ensign College of Public Health and University of Utah faculty, and create memorable experiences. This experience provides students with a new perspective that will enhance their future educational and professional goals.
- Click here for more information
TAIWAN SERVICE TOUR:
- This opportunity has been available for students in past years. More information about upcoming opportunities coming soon.
FOREIGN EXCHANGE PROGRAM:
- Be a foreign exchange student! Click here for more information.
- SheTech provides clubs, internships, apprenticeships, and conferences for female students interested in STEM careers.
- Click here for more information
- Engineering State is a 4-day summer camp at Utah State University for students entering their senior year of high school. Participants explore how engineering has changed our world and learn what earning a degree in engineering is all about. Many of our graduates have majored in engineering and now have successful, fulfilling careers.
- Engineering State 2021 is June 21-24 on the USU Logan campus. Students stay in dorms near the main engineering complex where most events take place. Registration is $250 and includes accommodations and all meals.
- Students should be between their junior and senior year of high school and have a strong interest in math, science and technology. Students must have at least a 3.0 GPA to attend. Space is limited so register soon.
- Click here for more information and to register
UNIVERSITY OF UTAH
- There is a $100,000 prize pool up for grabs, and winners can use the money as a scholarship to attend any college or university in the world, or as funding for their idea!
- Our participants and winners have gone on to attend fantastic institutions, and the Diamond Challenge can certainly help your students make an impression during the college application process.
- Go here for more details
HIGH SCHOOL UTAH ENTREPRENEUR CHALLENGE:
- Do you want to explore innovative and creative entrepreneurship? Do you have an idea that could change the world? The High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (HSUEC) is your opportunity to showcase your innovation and entrepreneurial spirit and win $30,000 in cash and prizes. HSUEC is the high school counterpart of the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge, one of the largest collegiate competitions in the country. All Utah high school students, ages 14-18, are encouraged to compete in HSUEC. The program is managed by the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute at the University of Utah and sponsored by Zions Bank.
- Click here for more information
UTAH JUMPSTART COMPETITION:
This is a business competition open to all students attending high school in the state of Utah (grades 9-12). Individuals or teams can submit entries. The competition fosters and promotes business growth at the high school level by giving students a chance to organize, direct, and present a business idea to a panel of expert judges. This contest provides teams with an educational forum to prepare them for the competition and will aid them in the creation and implementation of their business plan.
A cash prize of $1,000 ($500 in scholarship to Weber State University) will be awarded to the team judged to have presented the most plausible and promising business idea or opportunity. Cash prizes of $750 ($500 in scholarship to Weber State University) and $625 ($500 in scholarship to Weber State University) will be awarded to the 2nd and 3rd place individuals, respectively.
- America's Freedom Festival invites all students from 1st grade to 12th grade to participate in the art, essay, storytelling, speech, and video contests.
- Go here for more information
- The Utah Chapter of Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge will provide the opportunity for selected 11th grade students throughout Utah to attend the 2021 Spirit of America Youth Conference at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. Those students selected may attend one of three sessions held in March and April.
CODE TO SUCCESS:
- This 6 week summer program will provide CTS students with an online guided camp experience. Students will be immersed in a full stack development track where they will learn how to build a time management and productivity system. CTS comes at no cost to the student, with a $6,500 value. At the end of the nine weeks students receive a Certificate of Completion. Students have the opportunity to receive both high school and college credit. To register and for more information - click here.
BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY
UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSITY
SALT LAKE COMMUNITY COLLEGE