AP and CE Courses
Taking an Advanced Placement (AP) class provides students an opportunity to experience a college level course that can earn college credit when the AP exam is taken and passed.
Exam Ordering requires 2 parts in order to take the exam in May:
Digital Enrollment: At the beginning of the year, students must complete a simple online enrollment process with College Board that will provide access to the AP classroom resources and register them for the AP exam in May. Students will use one collegeboard account or the same account used to take previous AP tests.
Payment/Fees: $96 to be paid on mydsd by October 28, 2021.
A fee reduction application is available for those who apply and qualify for reduced and free lunch. (Fee Reduction exam fee: $55, deadline October 28, 2021)
Students who don’t complete these steps by October 28th will be charged a late-testing fee of $40.
For questions, contact Ann Littlefield (AP Coordinator): email@example.com, or 801-402-4837
AP Courses Offered at Layton High
- AP English Language - 11th grade
- AP English Literature - 12th grade
- AP Art Studio Drawing - 11th & 12th grade
- AP Music Theory - 11th & 12th grade
- AP Calculus AB - 11th & 12th grade
- AP Calculus BC - 11th & 12th grade
- AP Statistics - 11th & 12th grade
- AP Physics 1 (Algebra Based) - 11th & 12th grade
- AP Physics C (Mechanics) - 11th & 12th grade
- AP Biology - 10th, 11th & 12th grade
- AP World History - 10th grade
- AP U.S. Govt. & Politics - 12th grade
- AP American History - 11th & 12th
- AP Computer Science - 11th & 12th grade
- AP Psychology - 11th & 12th grade