Off-Campus CTE Programs
DAVIS TECHNOLOGY COLLEGE
The Davis Technical College website (http://www.davistech.edu/) has a wealth of information concerning the programs they offer. Click here to go to their website.
The Davis Technical College (DTC) provides students with a variety of Certificate Programs to choose from. Training programs include careers in the following areas: Business, Construction, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Social Services, and Transportation. Certification is available upon completion of the course work.
- All classes count as Career & Technical Education (CTE) credit
- All students must register in one program for a minimum of 2 periods. For example, 5&6 periods or 7&8 periods)
- Recommend foundation courses at Layton High be taken as prerequisites before applying to the DTC in advanced programs.
- Must see Susan Heath, CTE Coordinator, prior to enrolling in the DTC
- Students must provide their own transportation
AVALON SCHOOL OF COSMETOLOGY
Learn the fundamentals of modern beauty makeup, as well as skincare and color theory.
Combining years of aviation experience and modern equipment with a fun and friendly operation that trains you from start to finish, with No Contracts, No Deposits or Penalties.
CSA has training classes for Private Pilot Ground School at both Woods Cross High and Clearfield High during 8th period. Juniors and Seniors students are recommended for this course since students cannot be licensed until they are 17 years old. Concurrent Enrollment credit is available through Salt Lake Community College.
CSA was founded to create a Flight Training Center that focuses on safety, proficiency and professionalism. CSA is far more than just a flight school. Our entire company is based around the goal of Excellence in Aviation Education. Rather than simply train pilots for check-rides, CSA educates and molds each student into safe, competent pilots capable of flying in the real world with their own families on board.