LHS ATTENDANCE POLICY
It is Layton High’s policy that we do not excuse tardies. Some tardies however, may be excused with a doctor’s note. Students who go to class any time after the tardy bell will need to check into the Attendance office before going to class. An e-mail will then be sent to both the guardian and the teacher. If the student missed more than half the class period their late will be changed to an absence. Absences need to be excused on your guardian MyDSD account. Students should never have access to the guardian account.
A parent or guardian may check their student out of school by one of the following methods:
- Call the Attendance Office at 801-402-4806
- Come in person with your ID to the Attendance Office
- Send a note with your student indicating the time they need to be checked out. The guardian MUST SIGN the note and provide a contact number. Your student will bring this note to the Attendance office in order to check out. They are never permitted to just leave.
- Students should never leave without following the checkout procedure.
It is Layton high’s policy that absences must be excused within THREE days after an absence. Absences may be excused in one of the following ways…..
- MyDSD is the easiest and most preferred way. Just sign into your guardian account, click on the “Academics” drop down menu, click on Attendance. Note: MyDSD will not allow you to excuse absences past THREE days.
- Your student should never have access to your guardian account. If they do, you need to change your password.
- E-mail – just reply to the e-mail you received from the school notifying you of your student’s absence or e-mail directly at LHSAttendance@dsdmail.net.
- Note – Your student may bring a SIGNED note to the Attendance office.
- Phone – If you are having trouble with your MyDSD you may call during school hours at 801-402-4806.